Written by Rachel Reid
I spent a week living in a caravan at a beach in New Zealand over Christmas break last year. My parents DIY’d this really cool, old school 70s caravan and towed it out to a field right next to a beautiful sandy beach about 20 minutes from their house.
The caravan had almost everything you would need for a typical week at the beach - food, shelter, a warm bed, electricity, but the one thing it was missing was running water. This meant that I had to replace my nightly cleansing ritual with makeup remover wipes.
My Love/Hate Relationship with Makeup Wipes
Don't get me wrong, they are suuper handy in a pinch. They are compact and allow me flexibility and freedom to cleanse my face whenever, wherever. The problem is they are harsh on my skin and leave my face feel really dry and tight afterward.
Definitely not the kind of product I want to be using often.
One night I was talking about this with my mom, and she recommended I use her Micellar Water instead. I had never even heard of Micellar Water until that night, and let me tell you, it is a GAME CHANGER.
So, What is Micellar Water?
Micellar water is a facial cleanser and makeup remover. It’s made up of microscopic oil molecules called ‘micelles’ that are suspended in soft water. These molecules attach to dirt, excess oils, and makeup, and the lipids in the molecules aid in hydrating and nourishes the skin, making it the perfect all-in-one product.
Now that you know what it is (and how it works,) let’s talk about all of the amazing benefits:
- Cleanse & Detoxifies
- Hydrates and Nourishes
- It’s soap-free and gentle for all skin types
- It's pH Balanced so no toner needed
- ..and best of all? There’s no rinsing required, which is why this is a great travel companion, especially if you have sensitive skin like me.
How to Use Micellar Water
- Soak a cotton pad in the micellar water
- Gently wipe away all of your makeup (you may need a second cotton pad, depending on how much makeup you're wearing.)
- Let the residue dry. These are the lipids that will deliver hydration and nourishment to your skin
- Follow with your favorite moisturizer
We recommend checking out a travel-size option for the plane. This 3.4oz Micellar Water from Garnier is perfect for your carry-on bag. Grab a couple of cotton pads and you’re all set.
Travel-Size Garnier Micellar Water
Price: $14.27 (4 pack) | Order on Amazon
Check out our new product launching in the Spring of 2018. All of your makeup in a mini, convenient stack. Perfect for on-the-go use and travel.