Trend Alert: Gloss is back! Here Are Our Top 5 Favorites
Let’s start by establishing that my lips aren’t all that chapped.
Before slapping on my Kylie Lip Kit I use a lip sleeping mask, exfoliating scrub, and lip balm. I am PREPARED.
Yet still, without fail, my lips look dried, crackly, and just all around not flattering and I know I’m not the only one that feels this way. Slapping on a lip gloss is just SO much easier if you’re a girl-on-the-go, and it doesn’t require all that lip-prep!
I am so excited that the glossy trend is back! Everyone’s biggest complaint with lip gloss is that it’s sticky, but since the 90’s, brands have really sorted out the formula and I can’t say I’ve found a sticky lip gloss in the aisles of Sephora.
Get the full-lipped look without the fillers and grab some gloss!
My Top 5 On Trend Glosses (all non-sticky!)
1. Urban Decay Hi-Fi Shine Ultra Cushion Lip Gloss
Price - $20.00 | Order from Urban Decay
Why I love it
- A wide range of shades (some really unique ones too!)
- 3 different finishes: High Shine, Metallic, and Shimmer
- Fun packaging
- Classic tingly vanilla mint scent (cool and refreshing)
2. ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip
Price - $6.00 | Order from ColourPop.com
Why I love it
- Similar to Urban Decay but less than half the price!
- Over 6000 reviews on Influester with a rating of 4.6/5
- If you really want poppin’ lips, they sell a set with all 16 shades for $90!! Glossy lips for days!
- Infused with jojoba oil so it nourishes your lips
3. Becca Glow Lip Gloss
Price -$22.00 | Order from beccacosmetics.com
Why I love it
- Cult favorite highlighters and blushes turned gloss—The shade range was inspired by BECCA’s bestselling Shimmering Skin Perfector Highlighters and Luminous Blushes. This includes shades like Champagne Pop, Opal, and Tiger Lily!
- Long lasting
- This has the shine of a gloss with the pigment of a liquid lip
4. Fenty Gloss Bomb
Price - $18 | Order from Fenty Beauty
- One universal shade “unicorn of nudes that looks good on everyone”
- One Sephora user, emmagabrielle, says -
“DUDE. LIKE DUDE. I BOUGHT THIS TODAY AND I’M SO CHEAP, BUT I WAS LIKE “I MEAN IT’S FENTY SO WHATEVS, I’M JUST GETTING IT FOR THE NAME.” NO. THIS STUFF IS GLORIOUS. SO SOFT AND SHINY AND AMAZING”
5. Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss
Price - $5.67 | Order from Amazon
- Drugstore dupe for high-end shiny glosses
- High impact shine, just like the ones from Sephora
- Can be found at any drugstore/grocery store (get the glossy look without a trip to the mall!)
Whether you’ve been a fan of the glossy lip for a while or are just now giving it a try, it’s a super easy option for a busy woman on-the-go.
The gloss formulas I’ve mentioned above all double as a moisturizer and there’s no learning curve when it comes to the application. You can also change your lip color throughout the day with ease!
So skip the lip plumpers, lip-prep and drying liquid lipsticks and try out a new gloss!
I promise you’ll like these just as much as you did the lip smackers glosses ;)